Translate

Monday, November 10, 2014

certify this shit head

I can't take it anymore. I can't take another CMS or Joint Commission "surprise" visit. Or the Department of Health either.

I don't give two shits whether the hospital is a certified  bariatric center, chest pain center, stroke center.

I am tired of advanced cardiac life support, basic cardiac life support, each of which I have taken at least ten times. PALS, TNCC arggggh.

Every quarter there are 10-15 education things online that we are supposed to complete at work or at home.

I don't want to learn take a class about de-escalation techniques and how to restrain a patient for 8 hours once a year.

It is getting to the point where we as nurses are overwhelmed with needing to be ready to be interviewed by agencies and credentialing centers or we are doing  hours of education ALL THE TIME. It is becoming overwhelming. I'm burned out on it.

Does all of this really help patient care, or does it fill a box someplace in some office housing another useless paper pusher and justify their job?

If I am going to be required to constantly be doing all of the above, I want more than a 1% raisee a year, which is what it averages out to in the last 6 years. I am tired of being grateful I have a job, being understanding about decreased reimbursement, blah blah blah. I want  money for all of this.   M-O-N-E-Y.

Tomorrow 18,000 nurses in California will strike for 2 days because of an unsettled contract and for safety equipment for caring for ebola patients. I wish them well and support them 100%  More nurses need to get off theiir butts and do the same.

1 comment:

jimbo26 said...

Ah , where would we be without ' red tape ' ?